Bareboat and Flotilla Certification requirements

In most European Countries, to charter a flotilla or bareboat yacht, the port authorities and our insurers require the skipper to have at least;

  1. Practical day-skipper certificate or equivalent experience – in both cases with an ICC or licence with photograph.
  2. In addition, at least one member of the crew with a minimum of competent crew level (must be able to carry out a man overboard manoeuvre under sail).

If you are unsure about whether your sailing experience or certification is adequate, please discuss this with us before booking. We can help you towards obtaining the necessary certification via one of our training courses. Our Certificates

Do not take the chance of turning up without an ICC or equivalent, only to find the local authorities will not allow you to leave port.